Wednesday 24 April 2013

Reading Blog #4 Siddhartha

After reading the last section of the book I had one connection. In this last section Siddhartha talks about how after trying to find his son, he recalls his father. He remembers how his father mourned because his son was leaving him, and now he found himslef in the same situation. He mourning the fact that his son left. I connect this to my own parents. 

Though I am just in ninth grade, they are already talking about how they are going to miss me when I leave to college and possibly to start my life somwhere else.  This quote from the text shows Siddhartha's thoughts: "Had his father not also suffered the same pain that he was now suffering for his own?" Clearly shows him reflectioning about his situation and recalling his father's pain when he left. Another thing this makes me think about is my own self. Siddhartha's father was probably mourning for him as my parents will eventually do when I leave, because he knows that Siddhartha is very independent and will leave home to seek his dream and achieve his goals. I am very similar to Siddhartha in this particular apsect. I always wanted to leave home and chase my dreams and achieve my goals. I knew that my future was simply not here in Colombia. My future lied somewhere else. Siddhartha also knew that in order to achieve what he wanted he had do depart. He had to embarck his own journey in order to experience life and work hard to reach his goal. I believe that in order to achieve your personal goals you have to work independently, but of curse with some basics and teachings before you take this bold step. Siddhartha is also like this. He believed that teachings would not make him achieve his goal so he left home in search for it. 

This last section made me think of how Siddhartha was similar to me. I found that the story of this one man could be really similar to my own. I am independent and want to leave home in search of my dreams and goals just like Buddha did. I picture myself in a little while persecuting my most wild dreams and achieving them by myself. The Enlightened-One achieved it, and I believe that anyone can if they work hard and be independent. Do not let any person tell you what to do or what to be. Be yourself, seek your own goals, chase your own dreams. This way you will suceed in life and become "Buddha" just as Siddhartha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment