Wednesday 17 October 2012

The Sheep Response

After reading this chapter I had three connections. On page 63 when one Marji's friends says he is living to the United States it made me remember the time I had to say goodbye to my best friend that was leaving to London. It was very sad and I really felt dreadful so I understand why she said it was the end of the world because she was leaving. This event also made me reacall a book I read about the story of Anne Frank. During the book she said that her friends were leaving to Switzerland due to the second World War that broke out in Europe. Also because this country was neutral and it was a place Jewish like Anne and her friends where accepted. Like Marji, Anne Frank stayed in her country and didn't leave. On page 66 when the revolutionists killed Siamak I remembered when watching the film The Patriot when the English coronel killed the child of the main character because he wasn't loyal to the king, he was against his authority. This happens very frequently during war. This events of mass murders of innocent are to scare people and make them understand who is in power. 

No comments:

Post a Comment